Year 10 Psychology
Psychology is the study of the mind. You will learn about the broad role Psychology plays in Australian society. Psychology influences many aspects of society including:
- health and wellbeing (clinical and positive psychology)
- law and order (forensic psychology)
- learning and motivation (behavioural and sports psychology)
- advertising and persuasion (behavioural psychology).
You will look at different types of Psychology and how it can then influence our day-to-day lives.
What do you do?
Psychology is the scientific study of the brain and human behaviour so expect to complete some experiments and to evaluate your findings. For example, you will get the chance to experiment and evaluate different mindfulness techniques.
You will also discover what motivates you and think about the ways that you learn best.
We will also delve into the world of advertising and persuasion and develop our own advertisements to change the mind of people on important global issues.
What skills do you develop?
- the ability to practice and improve problem-solving skills when approaching psychological phenomena
- the ability to effectively collect and analyse scientific data
- the ability to critically evaluate research and how to interpret the results
- the ability to think of creative, outside of the box solutions to everyday problems
- the ability to actively reflect on our society in the ways psychological understanding is used as well as our role within that society.
Internet is needed to access this course. You will participate in and complete a range of tasks that will be completed online.
Meet Carma Donehue
VCE Psychology Teacher
It’s a privilege to work with young people and I really enjoy helping them realise their potential. At Virtual School Victoria, we have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students. Despite the distance, we still make good connections with our students, and it’s a joy to see their growth in confidence and independence.