Year 9-10 Dance
If you are learning any style of dance, wish to pursue a dance career or simply love dance, this subject is for you. Dance will expand your understanding of dance, choreography and performing.
We recommend this subject if you are studying at a dance studio. However, it is not essential and all levels of experience are welcome.
Dance introduces you to choreography and dance analysis. You will learn to construct and critique choreography. You will also build confidence and develop your understanding of safe dance.
Through composition tasks, you will take abstract concepts and terminology and turn them into moving art.
What do you do?
There are four modules to complete. Each module introduces you to different dance concepts, from body actions through to production aspects.
You will also participate in physical workshops and learn new choreographic work.
What skills do you develop?
By the end of the four modules you should have developed:
- compositional (choreographic) skills showing a broad understanding of choreographic concepts
- an emerging understanding of dance analysis
- an ability to discuss your own processes in the learning, rehearsing and performing of your dance phrases
- collaborative learning as you create dance phrases with a partner
- research skills
- an emerging understanding of production aspects
- critical thinking about dance as an art form.
Internet is needed to access this course. Work will be completed and submitted online weekly.